Rencontrer un ami
5 Minutes of French is a nice and short French lesson that can be done under 5 minutes. Its purpose is to make the French language learning fast and effective. Leanguage learning and brain development are similar to muscle training. You need to do it regularly for a longer period of time. Intensvie learning over a condensed period of time gives poor results in general and proves to be more frustrating than effective. The 5 minutes of French covers only the most useful and pragmatic vocabulary, grammar and French expressions significant to any beginner of intermediate learner of French. Now you have no excuse not to learn French !
This lesson / article relates to CEFR requirements for A2 level of French.
A person with A2 level:
- can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and
matters in areas of immediate need.
Dans un tram
– Salut Jean, comment vas-tu ?
– Ah, salut Sophie ! Je ne t'ai pas reconnue. Bien et toi ?
– Ca va. Où vas-tu ?
– Je vais au centre ville voir des amis.
– Moi aussi !
Dans un tram: In a tram.
je ne t'ai pas reconnue: I didn't recognize you !
Bien et toi ? : (I'm) fine and you ?
Ca va: It goes.
Où vas-tu ? Where are you going ?
Je vais au centre voir des amis: I'm going to the city centre / downtown to see (to meet) some friends.